Friday, April 25, 2008

Minima

Hey guys, the following is my minima project posters. Its been really good looking at all your projects as you only see 4 or 5 in the review. Its amazing how far we've all come from first year, got a long way yet. Anyway I began my minima concept based on my measurements and the area that I had chosen. I also looked around at some minimal architecture that had already been built. I began by taking a basic shape, and then creating voids to mould the interior space into a practical, usable and minimal space.

I ended up making my model out of perspex, although originally my plan was to create it out of wire and then have a sail type material stretches over it. I built the wire frame, although the sail idea looked shocking and was far more difficult to execute than anticipated. I find the model is always the c
hallenges, as you can create any crazy outlandish design on paper, but when it comes to making the model its a bit of trial and error.

Sorry about my banter, I'll post the first project after this.

No comments: